Alpha Omega is excited to offer Well-Woman visits to our list of client services. These are exams focused on your reproductive health and are not meant to substitute for an annual physical.
What To Expect
Our nurse practitioner (CRNP) will customize the exam to your age, but usually, it includes the following:
- Medical history
- Family health history
- Sexual history and relationships
- Use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Measurement of your height and weight with BMI calculation
- Breast and thyroid exam
- Pelvic exam with pap testing (must be age 21 years and older)
- Discussion of health topics relevant to your age and risk factors
- STD testing if recommended
1. We provide education regarding birth control options. We do not prescribe or dispense birth control.
2. If you currently have a gynecologist or have been seen by one in the last three years, you are not eligible for women’s wellness services.
Why It’s Important
These visits will screen for dangerous illnesses that can impact your wellness. Well-Woman visits are an excellent tool medical professionals use to ensure you participate in preventative measures and safe sexual practices. By being proactive, you can help maintain good health for years to come.
Take control of your health. Schedule an appointment today!
How To Prepare For A Pap Smear
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment.
- Please schedule your appointment for a minimum of 5 days after your period (menses) is over.
- To reduce the chances of a false abnormal result: No tampons, birth control foam/jellies, vaginal creams, moisturizers/lubricants, or vaginal medications should be used 2-3 days before your appointment.
- Avoid the use of douche for 2-3 days before your appointment.
- Avoid vaginal sex for 2-3 days before your appointment.
Please note: Pap smears can only be provided to women aged 21 years and older. If you are under 21, we still welcome you to make an appointment, as we also offer well-woman visits without a pap smear.
Giving You The Space To Learn
This appointment is also an opportunity for you to ask questions or discuss concerns. This is a safe place to gain the answers you need without judgment or worry.
Our medical professionals are here to listen and provide clarity and direction while caring for your health and well-being.
We encourage you to make an appointment to learn about your health and get the peace of mind you deserve.